> [Lisa Software]
4.4.1. What are the characteristics of the Lisa Office System?
The Lisa Office System (LOS) is what most enthusiasts take to be one of most special items in the Lisa's history.
It is one of the first commercial mouse-driven graphical user interfaces available, which helped transform computers into something much more usable than the preceding text based interfaces.
- Non 3A ROM (Rev. H is recommended for LOS 2.x and 3.x, Rev. D for LOS 1.0)
- 1 MB RAM or more (Max. 2 MB RAM, rumor has it that LOS works with 768KB - unconfirmed.)
- 5 MB ProFile (10 MB ProFile/Widget supported by LOS 3)
Available LOS tools include:
The suite of tools was renamed Lisa 7/7 circa LOS 3.0
A few third-party applications exist for use with LOS, which include:
- Brock Keystroke Accounting
- BPI Systems Accounts Payable
- LabeList, (for printing mailing labels from LisaList files) Consortium of Associated Schools and Educational Resources, University of Nebraska at Omaha
- Videx Desktop Calendar
- Omnis 3 (Database)
- Art Department by Business & Professional Software (LisaDraw clipart)
> [Lisa Software] (Comment on this answer)