4.1. What Operating Systems does the Lisa Support?
The following operating systems/environments are known to exist for the Lisa
Lisa Office System 1.x was available only on Twiggy diskettes, all of the others were available only on 3.5" media.
- Lisa Office System (1.0, 2.0, 3.0, and 3.1)
- Lisa Workshop - the core OS of this environment is the same as the Lisa Office System, only the Desktop has been replaced with the Workshop environment. The following programming languages are separate:
- Monitor OS - a simple OS based used to build LisaTest (not very useful by itself.)
- Microsoft Xenix - A Unix like OS written by Microsoft and SCO
- UniPlus Sys V Unix from UniPress - (very rare)
- CP/M68 - referred to in literature, never confirmed to have existed.
- MacWorks variants - Provide a Macintosh compatible environment
- MacWorks - environment similar to Mac 128K, but supports up to 2MB
- MacWorks XL - added support for ProFile/Widget hard disk, runs up to System 3.2
- MacWorks Plus - similar to Macintosh Plus, runs up to System 6.0.3, supports SCSI
- MacWorks Plus II - runs up to System 7.5
Additional bootable floppies:
[LisaFAQ] (Comment on this answer)
- LisaTest (hardware performance verification)
- LisaGuide (Lisa Office System demo)